Getting custom ringtones these days is not a troublesome process like before. Gone are those days when people used to buy the ringtones separately by paying a certain amount.
Today, with the help of different apps and software, getting custom ringtones is pretty straightforward. Getting a DJ music or tune as your ringtone is possible for both Android and iPhone users. Let’s get on to the process for both platforms-
Getting A Custom Ringtone for Android
The first thing you should have is the song or DJ music downloaded that you want to set as your ringtone. Now, you can either use a Windows device or the Android phone itself to proceed further.
- Download an MP3 song cutter or MP3 ringtone cutter app and install it as per the device. Open the app and from the library, select the song you want to cut. In a Windows device, you can drag and drop the song directly to the software interface.
- Once it is uploaded in the library of the software or app, you should see an option such as Trim or Cut; tap the desired option and let the process begin.
- This will start trimming the song and convert it into a 30-minute audio clip. Once it is done, you can download the file and it gets saved into your device.
- If you have done the process using the Windows device, you can use the USB cable and transfer the clip into your phone.
- Once it is in the phone access Settings of your Android phone and head to Sounds and Notifications.
- Tap the Ringtone section and go to the bottom of the list to choose a ringtone from your phone. Choose the clip you just transferred and there you have it.
Tip: Many apps allow you to cut the exact part of the song you want to set as the ringtone. If you are looking to download more ringtone for android you can do that here myxerfreeringtonesapp.net/android-phone/
Getting A Custom Ringtone for iPhone
iPhones users can either use a Mac device or a Windows device to convert the song into a ringtone. The process seems a bit lengthy for having a ringtone for your iPhone, but we are going to break it into easy steps.
- When using Mac, you need the GarageBand software by which you can easily send your ringtone to iTunes.
- Once you have the ringtone in the iTunes library, you just need to sync your phone.
- Next, go to Settings > Sounds and there you should have it for selecting as the ringtone.
- Windows users can directly download iTunes to their device and move ahead to convert the song.
- Upload the song into iTunes and right-click the file to choose Get Info.
- Next, go to the Options tab and select the start and stop timing of the song. This way, you will have the exact part of the song as the clip.
- You are supposed to have the file of 30 seconds only else it will not be recognized by your phone as the ringtone file.
- Once you have cut the part of the song, it should be there in AAC format. You just simply need to rename this file with the .m4r format.
- Now you just need to sync iTunes with your iPhone by using the USB cable that comes along and perform a few operations on your phone.
- Get your iPhone, choose Settings, Sounds, and Ringtones. Choose your custom ringtone and there you have it on your iPhone.
These steps are all you need whether you want a custom ringtone for Android or iPhone. To make a song more customized, you can even blend different parts of DJ music into one. For this, use any song editing software like Audacity and process the file accordingly.