In this article, you are getting to know how you can set a DJ ringtone into your iPhone. Usually, the process seems overwhelming, however, we are going to elaborate the process finely, that by just reading the steps, you would easily be able to have your favorite DJ tune on your phone.
Buying the Music from iTunes Store
- Open iPhone’s iTunes Store and tap More that you can find in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Click the Tones option and a list appears on your screen having different kinds of tunes.
- Each tune charges you a specific price. By browsing the list, you can also find some DJ tunes.
- Buy the one that sounds good to you using your preferred payment method.
- Once the payment is confirmed, you get prompted about setting it as your default ringtone, text tone, or Assign to a contact.
- Proceed further as per the option selected and tap Yes or Done when prompted.
- You may also get prompted about entering your Touch ID or Apple ID password. Do the same and the ringtone gets into your phone that can reuse in the future as well.
So, this was the method that involves the buying process to get the ringtone. However, after buying an iPhone that comes already expensive, you may not find it okay to spend any more amount. Hence, we bring you a second method by which you can get a DJ ringtone or any kind of ringtone free of cost.
Surely, it would need you to spend some more time but it is worth the efforts since you do not end up paying even a single buck.
Downloading The DJ Ringtone Without Spending Money
- Open iTunes on your computer or Mac device. If you do not have it already then download and install in the device you are going to use.
- Once you have iTunes installed, make sure you have the DJ file downloaded too that you want to set as your ringtone.
This process describes how you can convert an MP3 file into an m4r file and sync the file with your iPhone to get it recognized as the ringtone.
Note: If iTunes prompts you for the latest update then follow the process and use an updated version of the software.
- Open iTunes in the Windows device or Mac device and find the DJ tune you just downloaded.
- Click this file and drag and drop it in the library of iTunes. This way, the file gets in the musical library of iTunes where you can perform the further operation.
- Once you find the file, go to the three dots icon on the right corner of the file and tap it.
- There you need to choose the option Song Info and a new window will open up.
- From there go to the Options tab and select the “start and stop” time of the song. This determines the part of the song that you want to be trimmed.
- Keep in mind that the duration should not be more than 30 seconds, otherwise your iPhone would not recognize the file as a ringtone.
- Listen to the song to confirm exactly which part you want to cut. Once done, click OK which is located at the bottom of the window.
- There you have the trimmed 30 seconds song clip that you now need to convert to AAC file. This conversion is necessary to have the file in m4r format.
- Select the trimmed file and right-click. Choose Convert and tap “AAC Version” from the pop-out menu.
Sometimes, when you don’t see the AAC option. Follow this method:
- Go to the Edit option and choose Preferences
- Now select Import Settings and choose “Import Using” from the drop-down box and finally click AAC Encoder.
- Click OK to confirm.
- This way, the AAC file will be saved in the ringtone file’s folder of your Windows Explorer.
- Choose the file and right-click it to get to the Rename option. Here you just need to change the file extension into .m4r and save the format.
- This is the time to sync your phone with the device you are using and add the ringtone to your phone.
- Get the USB cable and attach it with your phone as well as the device. Once it is connected, tap the phone icon in iTunes.
- The file that you just converted to .m4r, copy this file and paste it in the Tones folder that is on the left side of the iTunes interface.
Setting The File As iPhone’s Ringtone
Once you have the file on your phone, it is time to finally set it as your default ringtone.
Access the Settings on your iPhone and select Sounds. Then tap the Ringtones section and choose from the list as all the custom ringtones appear there. Tap “Yes” in case of any confirmation and you have got the ringtone as the default one.